On October 30, 2013, the International Conference “Unconventional Oil & Gas. Eastern Europe & CIS” will take place in Kyiv.
Unconventional Oil & Gas is one of the first events focused on Eastern Europe and the CIS, dedicated to developing perspectives of the oil and gas industry in the era of expensive hydrocarbons, particularly in light of significant growth of unconventional hydrocarbons’ impact on world energy markets.
The confirmed speakers and participants at the Conference are: State Commission of Ukraine on Mineral Resources, Gazprom (Russia), Romgaz (Romania), INA (Croatia), RUGL (Ukraine), Baker Hughes (USA), United Oilfield Services (Poland), IHS CERA (Ukraine), CMS Cameron McKenna (Ukraine), Tatneft (Russia), Ministry of National Development of Hungary, Ministry of Economy of Croatia, Eastern Siberian Petrochemical Company (Russia), Tenaris (Ukraine), Exalo Drilling (Poland), ENI Ukraine, Carbo Ceramics, Federal Supervisory Natural Resources Management Service(Russia), State agency for investment and national projects of Ukraine, and others.
Key issues of the Conference include:
- Global energy strategies of countries – major energy suppliers and consumers
- Economic feasibility of shale gas projects in Eastern Europe and the CIS
- Technological challenges in development of unconventional hydrocarbon fields
- Role of unconventional hydrocarbon resources in the world energy balance
- Environmental risks
- Tax and legal mechanisms of stimulation of unconventional hydrocarbon development
- Shale oil and coal bed methane in Russia and Ukraine
The official Conference website: www.uogconf.com
Official languages of the Conference: Ukrainian, Russian, English.